Find a Pro in Cortland, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is paying for interior painting a smart decision?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your House: A professional paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the effect on home value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your house recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you go with, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted strengthens your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with components that easily retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health concerns. Paint works to seal out water from getting into the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints currently are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your home. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most homes have flaws and imperfections. Walls often have scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your home's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
When do painters experience the slowest business season?
One of the biggest advantages to hiring during the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so professional painters have the availability.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my home's exterior?
There are some glaring signs to watch out for, like cracking and chipping paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive job, so it's never a bad idea to hire professional painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeline to repaint, because every home is different. A lot of professionals express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, depending on other variables such as where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's always recommended to try to find out, because having in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its longevity. It's also beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether the house was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What are some services I can expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Here is what an expert painter can assist with:
- Select Colors: In case you're struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they see things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be fixed before painting can commence, of course. Your painter could then suggest other dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Most painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a high-quality painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
Hire an Experienced House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Cortland, Illinois
When you're searching for a reliable residential painter near Cortland, Illinois, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home can elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also offers plenty of useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a variety of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that organizes all the important information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Cortland, Illinois and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.