Find a Pro in Creve Coeur, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some services I should expect my residential painting contractor to offer?
Here is what an expert painter can help with:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle this prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they discover things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your service might then recommend dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painter's cost of labor varies between $22 to $43 per hour, without tax or product included.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter per hour. Insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not added in that cost.
Is paying for interior painting a good decision?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A great paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not considering selling your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your residence that truly pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively inexpensive project to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you haven't painted your interior recently or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, many people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the option you select, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted secures your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with components that easily retain moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health concerns. Paint is designed to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Enhance Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your property. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Great: All residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls often contain dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over time. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint applied by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the time of lowest business for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to scheduling within the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painters are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Hire a Professional Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Creve Coeur, IL
When you're looking for a good house painter in Creve Coeur, IL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart option to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also supplies many practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that compiles all the relevant information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of vetted painters in Creve Coeur, IL and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.