Find a Pro in Des Plaines, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much is the usual hourly rate for painters?
The average painter's cost of labor varies from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Bear in mind that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor hourly. Accordingly, it does not include the addition of insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Is it a wise choice to prioritize interior painting for my residence?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your Home: A good paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best returns when considering the impact on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you have not painted your house recently or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, many residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you select, a fresh paint color can help you feel differently — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your residence now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are constructed of materials that easily retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture can result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint works to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal option for your property. A fresh application of paint also keeps dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most homes have flaws and imperfections. Walls often have dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over time. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and can make your home look updated and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your residence.
What's the time of lowest business for painters?
A major benefit about booking during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting contractors are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
How much can I expect to pay in labor costs for painting the inside of a house?
The cost to paint the inside of your residence depends on the overall size of the space. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more low-cost than an entire house, especially a big home.
You should expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when hiring a local painter to paint the inside of your residence. You'll pay less if you paint the interior on your own or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
Discover an Experienced Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Des Plaines, Illinois
When you want a good house painter near Des Plaines, Illinois, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home works to enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also features several practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that organizes all the necessary information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Des Plaines, Illinois and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.