Find a Pro in Dundee, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some services I should expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to choose the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and can handle this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they find anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be addressed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter may then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much will painting contractors usually charge per hour?
The average painter's price on services ranges from $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or product included.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter per hour. Accordingly, it does not reflect the addition of insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Is paying for interior painting a wise idea?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Home: A good paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. It can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that really pays for itself.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively inexpensive project to update your house, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your house recently and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, many residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you go with, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted safeguards your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough absorption can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint works to seal out water from getting into the porous walls of your house.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints these days are produced with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect option for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: All homes have flaws and imperfections. Walls often show scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your home's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your residence.
When is the least busy season for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to booking within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
Discover a Professional Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Dundee, Illinois
When you require a dependable residential painter in Dundee, Illinois, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that provides a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also supplies many useful advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that collects all the necessary information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Dundee, Illinois and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.