Find a Pro in East Moline, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services of a residential painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will help with:
- Select Colors: When struggling to identify the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle the prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be remediated before painting can start, of course. Your service may then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Expert painters are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By employing an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the usual hourly cost for painters?
Normally, a painter's cost of labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Remember that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. Therefore, that price does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself.
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its asking price. Even if you are not considering listing your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you haven't painted your interior recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you go with, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components that easily retain moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint enables you to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Strengthen Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints now are made with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your interior. A fresh coat of paint also limits dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All houses have flaws and blemishes. Walls often have scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your house over the years. Having your house's interior painted covers most imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A new paint color for your interior will also modernize your living space.
What is the least busiest time of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about booking during the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so professional painters have the availability.
As a result, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically do in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Vetted Home Painters Serving in East Moline, IL
When you need a dependable house painter near East Moline, IL, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your home is a great choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can improve your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also brings many practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that organizes all the necessary information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in East Moline, IL and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.