Find a Pro in El Paso, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Does interior painting provide an adequate return on investment?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the best returns when factoring in the impact on home value and appeal.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years or have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what color scheme you go with, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your property now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily absorb moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will result in degraded walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health risks. Paint enables you to keep moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your interior. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Fantastic: Most residences have flaws and blemishes. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Having your house's interior painted covers those imperfections and will make your room look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by a professional contractor will also update your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
What's the time of least business for painters?
A major selling point about hiring during the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painting contractors are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my house's exterior?
There are a few evident signs to look out for, such as chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues as well. Exterior painting can be a big job, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline to repaint, because every home differs from the other. A lot of experts express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you live, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
After buying a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try to find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The variety of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are the duties of a residential painter?
Examples of the functions a professional painter typically conducts include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to identify the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle this prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they notice things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your painter may then suggest other dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Vetted Residential Painters Near in El Paso, Illinois
When you want a dependable house painter near El Paso, Illinois, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house can improve your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also brings several practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your home inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that organizes all the necessary information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in El Paso, Illinois and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.