Find a pro in Eldorado, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Eldorado, IL
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Eldorado, IL. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.