Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Elgin, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages can I look forward to by deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy way to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you hire a vetted contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is that similar to refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has its own unique approach and delivers a distinctive outcome in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times could cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the project must be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Elgin, Illinois have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Hire The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Elgin, Illinois
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and several people in Elgin, Illinois have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Elgin, Illinois confidently.