Find a Pro in Essex, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the advantages of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your Home: A professional paint job will communicate to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your property that truly pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house recently and have poor colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which color scheme you select, a new paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted strengthens your property now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough absorption will lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Home: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal option for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: All residences harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently contain scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over time. Having your house's interior painted hides those cosmetic issues and will make your room look updated and clean. A new coat of paint applied by a vetted contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
When do painters experience the slowest business season?
One of the biggest selling points about hiring during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting companies have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
What is the preferred frequency for repainting the outer walls of my residence?
Chipped and cracked paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on; however, there are also some less obvious things that can create issues as well. Painting an exterior can be an extensive project, so it's always a good idea to hire professional painters.
Since every property is different, there is no set time to apply another coat, which makes this more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, based on factors such as where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
When you've just acquired a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try to find out, since having detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its lifespan. It may be helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dries.
What all does a residential painter do?
Here is what a professional painter will help with:
- Pick Colors: If you're struggling to pick the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your certified expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and can take care of this prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your home painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they find things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues need to be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your professional may then suggest other dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a professional painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover an Experienced Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Essex, IL
When you want a reliable residential painter near Essex, IL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart way to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house can improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also offers several useful advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will beautify your home inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that brings together all the relevant information to let you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of professional painters in Essex, IL and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you need.