Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Farmington, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Farmington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the best advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Farmington, IL have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
What certifications or qualifications will a cabinet refinishing professional usually have?
Though there may not be industry-standard certifications designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will highlight any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially featuring finished projects that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Besides a picture gallery, most professional contractors will demonstrate their experience and reliability through online customer reviews.
A reputable expert can supply a detailed written estimate of the job before it commences, listing the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to have good communication skills and be able to address all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. You should also inquire about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing performed?
A contractor taking care of your cabinet refinishing project will follow an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are usually numerous steps used to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets should be first evaluated to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If they are, all hardware will be disassembled, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some small damage, such as cracks, dings, or similar imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to get the look you're looking for. The drying and curing process will be crucial to imparting a professional outcome, and may need a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain completely cures, all gear will be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the final project meets your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the complete work area.
It's important to keep in mind that the specific refinishing project will vary based on aspects such as the type of cabinets and the chosen finish. Additionally, contractors may employ detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic results, which could require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to speak directly with any contractor you employ to ensure they can bring your vision to life.
One Place Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Farmington, IL Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in Farmington, IL have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Farmington, IL with confidence.