Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Freeport, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Freeport
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish my cabinets rather than purchase new models?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a great way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy project to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get professional outcomes when you allow a qualified contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the distinctions between cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used together, but there are big differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has its own unique approach and imparts a certain result in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Freeport, IL have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Find a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Freeport, IL
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several homeowners in Freeport, IL have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Freeport, IL with confidence.