Find a pro in Gilman, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Gilman, Illinois. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Gilman, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Gilman, Illinois. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.