Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Glendale Heights, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Glendale Heights
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How many years do cabinets that have been refinished last
One of the great things about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service must be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to purchasing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Glendale Heights, IL have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Which certifications or qualifications are good to look for in a cabinet refinishing professional?
While there may not be industry-mandated certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for finished projects that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a portfolio, most professional contractors can demonstrate their experience and reliability through online customer feedback.
A reputable professional should provide a clear written estimate of the job before it commences, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess exceptional communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also ask for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing conducted?
A professional working on your cabinet refinishing task will follow an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are generally many steps taken to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, for example:
- Evaluation and Preparation: Cabinets should be first evaluated to ensure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If they are, all gear will be removed, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some insignificant issues, like scratches, dings, or other imperfections in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in smooth, even coats to get the look you're looking for. The drying and curing stage will be critical to giving a professional outcome, and may require several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once the paint or stain has dried, all parts can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the final results satisfies your expectations, which includes a last cleanup of the full work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that the specific refinishing process will vary based on aspects like the kind of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, contractors may perform detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic results, which could require a longer amount of time. Be sure to communicate clearly with anyone you hire to ensure they can bring your vision to life.
One Site for All The Information You Need To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Glendale Heights, IL Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to beautify the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Glendale Heights, IL have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Glendale Heights, IL with confidence.