Find a Pro in Golf, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the usual cost of labor when painting a residence's interior?
The price to paint the interior of your residence depends on the overall size of the space. A single 300-square-foot area will be much more economical than the entire house, especially a spacious residence.
On average, expect to spend between $3 to $7 per square foot when hiring a local professional to paint the interior of your residence. You'll spend less if you paint the space on your own or live in an area with low labor rates. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
What is the best schedule for repainting the outside of my residence?
There are some glaring things to look out for, such as chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues too. Exterior painting is a pretty big job, so it's always a good idea to book expert painters.
What makes this hard for people is there is no set deadline to repaint, since every home is different. Most experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, based on factors such as where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's always recommended to try and find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The kind of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all impact its lifespan. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your house was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dried.
What kind of services can a residential painter provide?
Some of the functions an expert painter typically conducts include:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to choose the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and can handle the prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painter prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your painter may then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: The best painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By enlisting a vetted painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the typical per hour rate for painters?
The average painting contractor's price on labor varies between $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or overhead included.
Take into account that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter per hour. Accordingly, that price does not reflect the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Discover a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Golf, Illinois
When you're searching for a dependable house painter in Golf, Illinois, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your residence also supplies many practical benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient platform that compiles all the important information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Golf, Illinois and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you need.