Find a Pro in Granville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Will interior painting give a good ROI?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering listing your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that really pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your house recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you choose, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted safeguards your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with components which naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best option for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: Most houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Having your home's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
What is the least active season for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about booking during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters have the availability.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my residence's exterior?
Cracked and chipped paint are some glaring things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems too. Exterior painting can be a big project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Because every property differs from one another, there is no set timeline to apply another coat, which makes this more difficult for people. A lot of professionals express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, based on other variables such as where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's always recommended to try to find out, because having detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its durability. It may be beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the residence was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What array of services does a house painter offer?
Some of the functions a professional painter generally performs include:
- Select Colors: If you're struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can take care of this prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they see anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be addressed before the project can start, of course. Your professional might then suggest other trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Most painters are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. By hiring a high-quality painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Expert House Painting Contractors Near Near Granville, IL
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter in Granville, IL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted home works to enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also provides several useful advantages for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to secure the wood from a variety of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient platform that collects all the important information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in Granville, IL and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a pro who can deliver the quality services you need.