Find a Pro in Greenview, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the advantages of updating my home through interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. It can also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even above its asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your residence that truly pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you haven't painted your home recently or have older colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, growing numbers of people are working from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you go with, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your property now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials which naturally absorb moisture. Eventually, too much accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Water within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint works to seal out moisture from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your household. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most homes have flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently contain dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over time. Having your home's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior can also modernize your home.
During what period of the year are painters usually less busy?
One of the biggest selling points about scheduling during the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so painting companies have more open spots in their schedules.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my house's exterior?
There are some evident things to watch out for, like cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive job, so it's always a good idea to hire expert painters.
Because every property differs from one another, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. A lot of professionals express that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
After buying a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's always recommended to try and find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The kind of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all impact its durability. It could be useful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What are some services I should expect my residential painting contractor to offer?
Some of the functions a professional painter usually conducts include:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to choose the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they find anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas must be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter may then suggest other reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Experienced painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Experienced Residential Painting Contractors Near in Greenview, IL
When you're looking for a dependable house painter in Greenview, IL, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that gives a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home can improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also brings many practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your home inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that brings together all the relevant information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Greenview, IL and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.