Find a Pro in Gurnee, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the advantages of choosing interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when considering the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you select, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted strengthens your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of components which naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture can result in compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are produced with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect choice for your property. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: All homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Getting your home's interior painted removes all imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What's the season of lowest demand for painters?
One of the biggest selling points to hiring during the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so professional painters have more open spots in their schedules.
As a result, it's possible they'll decrease their price than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How long is the suggested interval for repainting the exterior of my home?
There are a few evident things to watch out for, like chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less evident things that can cause issues as well. Painting an exterior can be a big project, so it's never a bad idea to book painting specialists.
Because every home is different, there is no set deadline to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for people. A lot of experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
If you've just bought a new home, you might not have information when its most recent paint job was done. It's highly advisable to try and find out, because possessing detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The kind of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its durability. It could be useful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your residence was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can change how well the paint dried.
What are the duties of a house painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to pick the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will handle the prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages need to be fixed before the project can start, of course. Your professional could then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Conduct Repairs: The best painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
Reliable Home Painters in in Gurnee, IL
When you're searching for a dependable house painter near Gurnee, IL, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also provides several practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a host of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that brings together all the important information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in Gurnee, IL and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality services you need.