Find a Pro in Harvard, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the average expense for labor while painting the interior of a residence?
The cost to paint the interior of your home depends on the overall size of the area. One 300-square-foot room will be much more low-cost than the entire home, especially a big one.
On average, expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when contracting a local painter to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the house on your own or reside in a location with low labor rates. However, certain factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
What is the right interval for repainting the exterior of my home?
Cracked and chipped paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive job, so it's never a bad idea to book professional painters.
What makes this hard for homeowners is there is no set timeline for a new coat, because every home is different. Most experts say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years, depending on other variables such as where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's always recommended to try to find out, because having detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The variety of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all impact its longevity. It could be helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether your home was painted on a bright or overcast day can change how well the paint dried.
What are the services of a house painter?
A few of the services an expert painter typically performs include:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle the prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they find anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your service might then recommend dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Most painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the typical hourly cost for painters?
Normally, a painter's cost of services ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, not counting tax or overhead included.
Take into account that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor hourly. Insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Expert Residential Painting Contractors in in Harvard, IL
When you're looking for a good residential painter in Harvard, IL, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent way to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home can improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer great suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also gives plenty of practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a range of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that compiles all the important information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of professional painters in Harvard, IL and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.