Find a Pro in Harvey, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What all does a residential painter do?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to choose the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your certified professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues need to be addressed before painting can commence, of course. Your painter could then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting an expert painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What will painting contractors usually charge per hour?
The average painting contractor's price on labor varies from $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or overhead included.
Remember that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor per hour. Therefore, it does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Is it a wise choice to prioritize interior painting for my residence?
The short answer will be yes, and these are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. It will also help sell a residence that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on property value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house recently and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you pick, a new paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted protects your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture will lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are produced with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal option for your interior. A fresh coat of paint also keeps dust and other particles to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: Most houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently obtain scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your residence over time. Having your house's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and will make your room look updated and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your living space.
When will painters experience the slowest business season?
A major benefit about booking within the colder months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing home improvement projects, so painting professionals have the availability.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
Hire a Professional House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Harvey, Illinois
When you're searching for a good residential painter near Harvey, Illinois, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house can improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also gives plenty of practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a host of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that collects all the necessary information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Harvey, Illinois and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.