Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Highland Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Highland Park
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Is cabinet refinishing a smart investment in the look of my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Highland Park, IL have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this project is right for you.
Are there some specific licenses or qualifications I should look for from a cabinet refinishing professional?
While there may not be industry-standard certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are important qualifications and indicators of skill that you can refer to when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will mention any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack page.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Other than a picture gallery, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and reputation through online client feedback.
A reputable expert should provide a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have good communication skills and a readiness to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can show they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
What is the process for expertly refinished cabinets?
A professional working on your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for speed and proven results. There are typically many steps taken to transform the style of existing cabinets, such as:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets should be first evaluated to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, all gear will be disassembled, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor issues, such as cracks, dents, or other blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in smooth, even coats to achieve the style you've envisioned. The drying and curing step will be vital to giving a high-quality outcome, and may need a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain has dried, all hardware can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the finished results meets your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the complete work area.
It's useful to note that any refinishing process may vary based on factors like the kind of cabinets and the desired finish. Additionally, professionals may employ detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic results, which could require a longer amount of time. Make sure to speak clearly with any contractor you hire to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
What kind of benefits can I look forward to when deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple project to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you hire a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
One Site for All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Highland Park, IL Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Highland Park, IL have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Highland Park, IL with confidence.