Find a Pro in Homer Glen, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you pick?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's somewhat affordable to improve the appearance of your home with assistance from a knowledgeable and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when choosing a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should go with the overall design you're going for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish hues that have the propensity to give you a serene feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the others, yellows and oranges are bold enough to attain the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a property feel more comfortable and comfortable.
Why should you retain the services of an exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically give you a high-quality result than you could attain by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and knowledge to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up errors, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the project as efficiently as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should hire a contractor to do it all. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or delivering subpar results.
What steps are part of preparing a property for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it is done with close attention to detail and adhering to top standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the training, tools, and strategies to conduct the project with exceptional craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that help the paint stay and look amazing for many years. Prepare for an exterior painting project by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime offers you a clear area to work with, so using power washing tools is a productive way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can repair damage on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a smooth finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to help the paint stay.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's an excellent project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how experienced your contractor is because it can equate to higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and provide you with a free, upfront estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Streamlined Way to Find Exterior Painting Companies in Homer Glen, Illinois
Begin looking for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Homer Glen, Illinois. If your property needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the skills and experience to deliver outstanding services. You can update your property's appearance with new paint that simultaneously offers a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements. By hiring a contractor to take care of the project, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can swiftly browse for contractors, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of what they can offer. Browsing through professional profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you use our free app. It's streamlined and easy to use for homeowners to pick the most suitable contractor for the project in their area. You can even send direct messages, request a quote, and schedule a consultation all in one place.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painting contractor who can deliver useful tips and help you decide on a beautiful color arrangement. Painting can increase your property value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what the right sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from a number of local contractors ready to start the project and carry out excellent craftsmanship. Get exceptional results by using our home management platform and get in touch with a skilled exterior painter to handle the entire process with careful attention to detail.