Find a Pro in Homer Glen, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much is the usual per hour rate charged by painters?
The average painter's price on services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Be mindful that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor per hour. That's only for the service. Insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint is not added in that price.
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A good paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even over listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that really pays for itself.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your interior in the past few years or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what color scheme you choose, a new paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted secures your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials that easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint is designed to keep moisture from getting into the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints these days are produced with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your home. A new coat of paint also limits dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will enhance your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: All residences harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often obtain dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted hides those imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your living space.
During which season of the year are painters typically less occupied?
One of the biggest selling points about booking during the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so professional painters have the availability.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
What will it typically cost for labor to paint the inside of a house?
The price to paint the inside of your house is dependant on the square footage of the space. One 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than an entire house, especially a larger one.
You can expect to spend between $3 and $7 per square foot when enlisting a local professional to paint the inside of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the space yourself or live in a region with low labor rates. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
Reliable Home Painters Serving Near Homer Glen, IL
When you're searching for a dependable house painter in Homer Glen, IL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house can improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great suggestions about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also supplies plenty of useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a host of problems caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your house inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that organizes all the relevant information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Homer Glen, IL and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you need.