Find a Pro in Homewood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What will it typically cost for labor to paint the inside of a house?
The price to paint the inside of your home is dependant on the square footage of the space. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than an entire home, especially a larger home.
You can expect to spend around $3 and $7 per square foot when enlisting a local painter to paint the inside of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the space yourself or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
Chipped and cracked paint are some obvious things to watch out for, but there are also some less evident things that can cause problems as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive job, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeframe for a new coat, because every property differs from the other. Most professionals say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years, based on other variables such as where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try and find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint used, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its longevity. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What services are within the scope of a residential painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to select the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they notice things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces must be remediated before painting can commence, of course. Your professional may then suggest other dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they will handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Professional painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When enlisting a vetted painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the usual hourly rate for painters?
Typically, a painter's cost of labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or overhead included.
Be mindful that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. Therefore, that price does not include the addition of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
Hire a Professional Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Homewood, Illinois
When you need a reliable residential painter near Homewood, Illinois, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house can elevate your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also provides plenty of practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to protect surfaces from a range of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that organizes all the relevant information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Homewood, Illinois and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.