Find a Pro in Itasca, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Exterior Painting Professionals nearExterior Painting // Illinois // Itasca
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What features should influence your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with assistance from a trained and experienced contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when deciding on a color scheme for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should flow with the overarching aesthetic you're going for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends substantial time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are elegant hues that have the propensity to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are bright enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more comfortable and comfortable.
How can hiring an exterior painting contractor improve your project?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a superior result than you could attain on your own. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you're equipped with the materials and training to carry out the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to carry out the project as adeptly as possible. The training they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should a contractor to do it all. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or providing less-than-optimal results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it's completed with close attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, materials, and strategies to do the project with outstanding craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that allow the paint to stick and look amazing for a long time. These are some of the steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt offers you a clear area to begin working on, so using power washing equipment is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can take care of flaws on exterior siding so that you can work on a clean finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a streamlined finish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stick.
What's the usual budget for painting a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a worthwhile home improvement for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can influence the overall cost is how experienced your contractor is because it can equate to higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can discuss the project and give you a free quote for the costs you can expect to pay.
Compare Exterior Painting Contractors Near Itasca, IL
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Itasca, IL. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can find a contractor with the skills and experience to provide outstanding services. You can upgrade your home's curb appeal with fresh paint that also offers a durable barrier preventing damage. By seeking out a painter to take care of the project, you're making sure it will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can efficiently search for painters, take a look at ratings, and read testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at other exterior painting projects to gain a good idea of their level of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you use our no-charge app. It's streamlined and easy to use for anyone to select the most qualified candidates for the project near them. In addition, you can direct message contractors, ask for an estimate, and schedule an appointment all in one app.
Review the details of the project with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful suggestions and help you decide on a beautiful color combination. Having a newly painted home can boost your property value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from many local contractors ready to roll up their sleeves and perform outstanding craftsmanship. Get exceptional results by downloading our home management platform and contacting a knowledgeable painting contractor to handle every step in the process with close attention to detail.