Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Jerseyville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What is the suggested interval between refinishing cabinets
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Jerseyville, IL have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Should I be on the hunt for any particular certifications or qualifications when picking a cabinet refinishing professional?
Though there may not be industry-standard certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are some qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will highlight any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in the past, especially for finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and dependability through online customer reviews.
A reputable expert should provide a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to have adequate communication skills and a readiness to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and quality throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing conducted?
A professional handling your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are usually numerous steps taken to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, for example:
- Evaluation and Preparation: Cabinets should be first inspected to ensure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If they are, all gear will be disassembled, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor issues, like scratches, dents, and similar blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to get the look you're looking for. The drying and curing step will be vital to ensuring a professional result, and could need a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, all gear will be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the finished project satisfies your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the entire work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that any refinishing project may vary based on things such as the size of cabinets and the desired finish. Also, professionals may employ detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific stylistic results, which will require a longer amount of time. Make sure to communicate directly with any contractor you employ to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
Hire The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Jerseyville, IL
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in Jerseyville, IL have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Jerseyville, IL with confidence.