Find a Pro in Jerseyville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much is the typical per hour rate charged by painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of services ranges between $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or overhead included.
Take into account that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist per hour. Insurance, tax, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that price.
Can interior painting give a good ROI?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A great paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even above its listing price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and appeal.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. If you haven't painted your house recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you go with, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted protects your residence now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of components that easily retain moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can lead to health issues. Paint enables you to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect choice for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Interior Look Great: All homes harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often contain dents, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Having your home's interior painted covers all imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the least busiest time of year for painting contractors?
One of the biggest selling points about booking during the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the usual price for labor when painting a home's interior?
The price to paint the inside of your home depends on the square footage of the room. A single 300-square-foot area will be much more affordable than an entire house, especially a larger residence.
You should expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when employing a local painter to paint the inside of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the interior on your own or reside in a location with low labor rates. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
Reliable Residential Painting Contractors Serving Near Jerseyville, Illinois
When you require a dependable house painter near Jerseyville, Illinois, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home can elevate your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also gives many practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your house inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that collects all the important information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of vetted painters in Jerseyville, Illinois and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.