Find a pro in Johnston City, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Johnston City, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Johnston City, IL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.