Find a Pro in Joliet, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is it a wise choice to prioritize interior painting for my house?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Residence: A great paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your residence in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when considering the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively low-cost way to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your home in the past few years and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many residents are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you choose, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted safeguards your house now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are constructed of materials which easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption can result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are produced with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the best choice for your home. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All homes have flaws and imperfections. Walls often show scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over the years. Having your house's interior painted hides all cosmetic issues and can make your room look updated and clean. A lustrous coat of paint applied by an expert painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
At which season of the year are painters usually the least occupied?
A major selling point to hiring within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so painters are more readily available.
As a result, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How often do I need to paint the outside of my residence?
Chipped and cracked paint are some evident things to keep an eye on, but there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Exterior painting can be a big job, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline to repaint, because every home differs from the other. Most professionals say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not have information when it was last painted. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its longevity. It could be beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What all will a house painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Select Colors: If you're struggling to find the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will handle the prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they discover anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages must be remediated before painting can begin, of course. Your service may then recommend reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Professional painting contractors are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Discover a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces Near Near Joliet, IL
When you're looking for a dependable residential painter near Joliet, IL, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent choice to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that provides a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house works to boost your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your residence also brings several useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your home inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that collects all the relevant information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of vetted painters in Joliet, IL and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.