Find a pro in Lake In The Hills, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Lake In The Hills, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lake In The Hills, Illinois. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.