Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lake In The Hills, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement project that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a great way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and hassle-free way to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the existing doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
Is there a recommended number of times I should refinish cabinets
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How will I determine if cabinet refinishing is a good project to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way to boost your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents in Lake In The Hills, Illinois have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Site With All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Lake In The Hills, Illinois With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Lake In The Hills, Illinois have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lake In The Hills, Illinois confidently.