Find a Pro in Lake In The Hills, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services I should expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Here are examples of what a professional painter can help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to select the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your certified painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of this prep work before painting starts.
- Identify Damages: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they notice things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your service might then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Expert painting contractors are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing a professional painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's price on services ranges from $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Remember that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor per hour. Insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself is not added in that cost.
What are the advantages of updating my home through interior painting?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. If you haven't painted your interior recently or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you pick, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted secures your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are constructed of components that naturally retain moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint is designed to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints these days are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your home. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most homes contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Having your home's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
When do painters experience the slowest business season?
A major benefit to scheduling during the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so painters have the availability.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their rates than what they normally do in peak seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Experienced Home Painters in in Lake In The Hills, IL
When you require a good residential painter near Lake In The Hills, IL, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home can enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also gives several practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a host of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your property inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one platform that organizes all the relevant information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of professional painters in Lake In The Hills, IL and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality services you need.