Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lake Villa, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than buy new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy technique to change their style versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the chaos of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive excellent results when you hire a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is that the same as refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and handymen will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and gives a certain effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long will refinished cabinets survive
One of the great things with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be followed up is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When can cabinet refinishing be the ideal choice for my space?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Lake Villa, IL have related paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
One Site for All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Lake Villa, IL With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and many people in Lake Villa, IL have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lake Villa, IL with confidence.