Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lake Zurich, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that many people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple way to change their style versus installing new ones. Because you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow a competent contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what ways do cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and imparts a certain result in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long will cabinets that have been refinished retain their new look
One of the best things about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How can I know if cabinet refinishing is a good project to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Lake Zurich, Illinois have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
One Platform for All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Lake Zurich, Illinois With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Lake Zurich, Illinois have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lake Zurich, Illinois confidently.