Find Deck Staining in Lebanon, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Deck Staining Professionals nearDeck Staining // Illinois // Lebanon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DECK STAINING
Will painting my deck be a smarter choice than staining it?
Deck staining and painting have their own benefits, so it's important to consider which option most fits your requirements when deciding between them. The two biggest benefits of painting are the extensive selection of colors and improved surface shielding. However, paint also demands extensive upkeep because of chipping and fading over time. On the other hand, stain will not peel if properly cured, requires minimal effort to maintain, and has other benefits, such as:
- Soaks Into the Wood - Unlike paint, which merely coats the surface, stains soak into the wood, offering better defense from moisture, UV rays, and other destructive threats.
- Special Additives - Many stains are mixed with additives that boost durability, primarily pigments that block UV rays, chemicals that seal against rot, and insecticides that discourage bugs from eating the wood.
Talk about the advantages of deck staining and painting with the professionals listed on Thumbtack to determine which choice is best for you and your home.
Is the price of professional deck staining offset by any tangible benefits?
Staining a deck brings several advantages, such as enhancing its style, prolonging its lifespan, and increasing its structural integrity. Similar to paint, stains come in a range of colors and opacities that will help re-energize the style of your house and yard. You're not limiting yourself by picking deck staining over painting, as you still have several choices to complement your home or produce a look that stands apart.
The protection that stain provides your deck will be well worth the price of hiring a contractor to ensure excellent results. The climate in Lebanon, IL is the biggest threat to your deck, and regardless how strong the type of wood it's made with, a good coat of stain will help keep out water and UV rays that will destroy it over time. Examples of other advantages of deck staining include stopping insects and mildew from destroying the wood and easy maintenance. Hire a contractor listed on Thumbtack to stain your deck the right way and maximize your investment by prolonging its lifespan.
How long will it take a contractor to stain my deck according to my vision?
Staining a deck is a tedious process that requires careful preparation and execution to obtain the best results:
- Prep - The deck surface has to be cleansed of dust and debris with wood cleaners or a power washer to ensure the stain sticks well. Surfaces should be sanded or repaired of any damage to provide a consistent application of the stain. The environment surrounding the work area, such as walkways and buildings, will also need to be covered by laying down tarps or masking tape.
- Application of Stain - A contractor will help you understand the best type of stain and opacity for your deck, as some are more suited to particular wood species and the look you want to achieve. Your contractor then utilizes brushes, rollers, sprayers, or a combination of these tools to apply as many coats as are required for adequate penetration and coverage.
- Cure Time - The contractor will understand the manufacturer's recommendations for the type of stain you've chosen and how long it takes to cure. It's crucial that the deck is not touched and that the weather is fitting during the drying step.
Each of these steps are complex and tedious, but performing them correctly is necessary to ensure a high-quality result. A reliable deck staining contractor listed on Thumbtack will have the knowledge and skill to complete the job fast while achieving the desired appearance and durability.
Can the weather ruin my deck staining project?
Deck staining is a seasonal home maintenance task and you'll get better results when executing it in suitable weather conditions:
- Temperature - Staining a deck works better when the temperature is fair, typically between 50°F and 90°F. Staining under very hot and cold temperatures will affect the application and drying process.
- Humidity - Lower humidity levels are preferred when deck staining, as excessive moisture will prolong drying times and heighten the risk of mildew issues.
- Rain Forecast - All stains come with specifications on how long drying will take, and it's essential that it stays dry during this time. Your project's scheduling should take into consideration the rain forecast and ideally be completed 24 to 48 hours before any chance of showers.
Hire a Deck Staining Professional Near Lebanon, IL on Thumbtack and Get the Style and Protection You Envisioned
Deck staining is worthwhile for refreshing its appearance and delivering unmatched durability from weather and pests that will destroy it over time. A proven contractor will handle the difficult task for you, from prep to application and drying, to make sure it turns out the way you envisioned.
Enlisting a contractor is highly recommended if you lack familiarity performing deck staining or the time to dedicate to the project. Working with stains demands a lot of attention to detail to ensure an even application and that it dries correctly to safeguard the wood from moisture, sun, and pests. You will also benefit from the knowledge that contractors can share regarding picking the right stain for the type of wood your deck is made with to ensure you get the desired look. While stain doesn’t offer as much variety as paint, plenty of colors and opacities are still available to help your deck transform into a unique visual element of your home.
Many people wrestle with choosing to paint or stain their decks, and both options come with unique advantages. Painting gives better variety of colors and styles and is great for protecting surfaces. The downside is that you’ll have to repaint many times throughout the years as it flakes away under steady foot traffic and changing weather conditions. On the other hand, stain penetrates deep into the wood and has pigments that block harmful UV rays and other additives that secure it from rot and insect damage. Stain will also not need reapplication for two to three years so long as it's been properly cured.
Staining a deck calls for attention to detail and careful consideration for every step of the process. Performing the task at the wrong time of year or applying it incorrectly will result in less protection and an inconsistent appearance. Save time and eliminate the headaches of doing everything yourself by turning to an expert who can ensure excellent results. Compare staining contractors in Lebanon, IL and choose the best one matching your vision and budget all in one place with the powerful Thumbtack app.