Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Lemont, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What is the suggested frequency for refinishing cabinets
One of the great advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be repeated is dependent on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment for the look of my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Lemont, Illinois have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
What certifications or qualifications will a cabinet refinishing contractor likely have?
While there may not be industry-standard certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will mention their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack page.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and dependability through online client reviews.
A dependable professional will give a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have adequate communication skills and a readiness to answer all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and quality during the refinishing project. You should also inquire for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
What techniques are used as a contractor refinishes cabinets?
An expert handling your cabinet refinishing project will adhere to an established process for efficiency and excellent results. There are generally many steps taken to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets are first assessed to ensure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If they are, all gear will be taken off, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some insignificant issues, such as cracks, dings, or similar imperfections in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in smooth, even coats to get the style you're looking for. The drying and curing process is vital to ensuring a professional result, and could need a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, all parts can be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will ensure the finished project satisfies your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to note that the specific refinishing process may vary based on things like the kind of cabinets and the chosen finish. Furthermore, professionals may employ detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic results, which will require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to speak clearly with anyone you employ to guarantee they have the skill to bring your vision to life.
One Platform With All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Lemont, Illinois Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Lemont, Illinois have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Lemont, Illinois with confidence.