Find a Pro in Lincoln, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the going rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Bear in mind that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor per hour. Therefore, that price does not reflect the cost of insurance, taxes, tools, or any gallons of paint.
What are the benefits of choosing interior painting?
Almost always the answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job can communicate to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the best returns when considering the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly project to update your house, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you haven't painted your home recently or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what option you select, the right paint color can help you feel differently — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted strengthens your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily absorb moisture. Eventually, enough absorption can result in degraded walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Moisture within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health risks. Paint works to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your residence.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints now are produced with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your property. A fresh coat of paint also limits dirt and other particles to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often feature dents, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted hides most cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior can also modernize your living space.
What's the season of lowest business for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about scheduling within the colder season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps people from wanting to do projects, so painting contractors have the availability.
As a result, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they normally charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
What is the average expenditure on labor when painting the interior of a home?
The cost to paint the interior of your house is dependant on the square footage of the area. One 300-square-foot space will be much more economical than an entire home, especially a spacious residence.
You should expect to spend around $3 to $7 per square foot when employing a nearby professional to paint the interior of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the space on your own or reside in a location with low labor costs. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
Expert Residential Painters Serving Near Lincoln, IL
When you're searching for a dependable house painter in Lincoln, IL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your home is a smart way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house can elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make great recommendations about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your house also provides several useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a variety of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that organizes all the necessary information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Lincoln, IL and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.