Find a Pro in Lincolnshire, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painter's price on services ranges between $22 to $43 per hour, not counting tax or product included.
Keep in mind that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. That's only for the service. Insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that price.
Will interior painting provide an adequate return on investment?
The short answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A professional paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even above its listing price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when considering the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical way to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your house in the past few years or have poor colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at rest. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you choose, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted secures your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of components which easily absorb moisture. Eventually, enough accumulation of moisture will lead to compromised walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Water inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint is designed to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your property.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints these days are made with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect choice for your property. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls often contain scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Getting your house's interior painted eliminates those imperfections and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A lustrous coat of paint put on by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
When will painters experience the slowest business season?
One of the biggest selling points to hiring within the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How much should I expect to pay in labor costs when painting the inside of a residence?
The price to paint the inside of your residence depends on the dimensions of the space. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more affordable than the entire home, especially a larger one.
On average, expect to pay between $3 and $7 per square foot when hiring a nearby painter to paint the inside of your residence. You'll pay less if you paint the space yourself or reside in a location with low labor rates. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
Hire a Qualified Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Lincolnshire, IL
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter in Lincolnshire, IL, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart option to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house works to enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent recommendations about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors will even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also brings many useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your house inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that brings together all the necessary information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Lincolnshire, IL and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.