Find a pro in Lisle, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Lisle, IL. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Lisle, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Lisle, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Lisle, IL. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.