Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Logan, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Logan
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets rather than install new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing perks of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy project to update their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive excellent results when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between the two and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and delivers a certain outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times can cabinets be refinished?
One of the best things about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be done again depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing job could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to installing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a relatively inexpensive project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Logan, Illinois have detailed spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Logan, Illinois
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Logan, Illinois have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Logan, Illinois with confidence.