Find a Cabinet Painter in Lovington, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Illinois // Lovington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any distinction between cabinet paint and wall paint?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint typically used for interior walls will encounter many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sleek appearance. Common wall paints may not adhere properly to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer time to dry and cure than those usually used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my project?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the best one for your needs and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. The best place to begin is by understanding exactly what aesthetic you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Professional contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate largely. Check that any painter you hire provides documentation of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur once the project commences that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by evaluating their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past customers for view online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is the challenging prep phase necessary prior to painting my cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt and grime are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What factors are considered when it comes to establishing cost for painting cabinets?
There are many factors that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Lovington, IL, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first seek out quotes from several contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors could charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your painter must recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Choose a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Lovington, IL Who Will Bring Your Ideas to Reality
An exceptional way to enhance the value of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and provide a new look that will suit your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Lovington, IL fluctuates, but many customers still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in fair enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
When looking for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should analyze their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be happy to share a history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all important information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Lovington, IL confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.