Find a Pro in Lyons, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some services I should expect my residential painting contractor to provide?
Here are examples of what a professional painter can assist with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to choose the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle the prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they discover anything such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues must be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your painter could then recommend dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Most painters are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing a vetted painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What is the typical hourly rate for painters?
The average painter's price on services ranges from $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or product included.
Take into account that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor hourly. Therefore, it does not include the addition of insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Is interior painting a good idea?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and these are other valuable advantages gained from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Residence: A good paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your property. It can also help sell a residence that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not planning on selling your residence in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the impact on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively budget-friendly way to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your home recently and have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, many people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you choose, the right paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Getting your interior painted strengthens your home now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of components that easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture can lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your property's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint is designed to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are made with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great choice for your household. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other pollutants to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: Most homes harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often feature dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your residence over the years. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates all imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
What is the least busiest season of year for painters?
A major benefit about hiring during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting companies have more open spots in their schedules.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically do in busier seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
Professional Home Painters Near in Lyons, Illinois
When you want a dependable house painter near Lyons, Illinois, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a big ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home works to boost your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or make excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also brings many practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a host of problems caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces dry – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that brings together all the necessary information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Lyons, Illinois and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you need.