Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Manteno, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a great practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy way to update their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive excellent results when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the differences of cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and delivers a certain result in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
What is the recommended frequency for refinishing cabinets
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
How should I determine if cabinet refinishing is the best project to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal chaos to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Manteno, Illinois have related spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
One Place With All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Manteno, Illinois With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several homeowners in Manteno, Illinois have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Manteno, Illinois confidently.