Find a pro in Marion, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Marion, IL. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Marion, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Marion, IL. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.