Find a Pro in Marion, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the usual price for labor when painting a home's interior?
The cost to paint the inside of your home depends on the overall size of the space. A single 300-square-foot area will be much more low-cost than the entire home, especially a larger residence.
On average, expect to spend between $3 and $7 per square foot when enlisting a nearby painter to paint the inside of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the space on your own or live in an area with low labor costs. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
How frequently should I consider repainting my home's exterior?
There are a few glaring signs to watch out for, such as chipped or cracked paint, but there are also some less evident things that can cause issues too. Exterior painting can be a big project, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
Because every home is different, there is no set deadline to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, based on factors like where you're located, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
After buying a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try and find out, because having detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its longevity. It's also useful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your home was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dries.
What all can a house painter do?
A few of the tasks a vetted painter generally performs include:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle this prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they find things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces must be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your service may then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring a vetted painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average hourly fee for painters?
Normally, a painter's price on labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or product included.
Bear in mind that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. That's only for the service. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Find a Qualified Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Marion, IL
When you require a dependable house painter in Marion, IL, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great choice to bring new life into your residence while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted house works to boost your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or make excellent suggestions about different paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also provides several useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple tool that organizes all the important information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of reputable painters in Marion, IL and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality services you need.