Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Maryville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy technique to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get high-quality results when you allow a competent contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and offers a distinctive result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times could cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great things about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing a good investment for the look of my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than purchasing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Maryville, IL have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is right for you.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Maryville, IL
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many people in Maryville, IL have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Maryville, IL with confidence.