Find a Pro in Maryville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some benefits of choosing interior painting?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A professional paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your house in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor could last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your home that really pays off.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy space. Assuming you haven't painted your home in the past few years or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, growing numbers of residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on which option you choose, the right paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), energetic and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted secures your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with components which easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out water from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or no VOCs. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the ideal choice for your interior. A new coat of paint also keeps dust and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most houses contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently feature dents, dings, and markings from the use of your house over the years. Having your home's interior painted removes those imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior will also modernize your home.
What is the least busy season for painters?
A major benefit about scheduling within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting companies are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I think about repainting my house's exterior?
Cracked and chipped paint are some evident things to keep an eye on; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause problems as well. Exterior painting is a pretty extensive project, so it's never a bad idea to book professional painters.
Since every home differs from one another, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. A lot of professionals express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you live, weather, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job will be critical. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It may be helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the home was painted on a sunny or overcast day can impact how well the paint dries.
What all can a residential painter do?
Here is what a professional painter will help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to pick the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will handle the prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Damages: As your residential painting service preps for the paint job, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas must be remediated before the project can begin, of course. Your professional might then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: The best painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing an expert painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Reliable House Painters Serving in Maryville, Illinois
When you want a reliable house painter in Maryville, Illinois, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted home works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors will even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also features plenty of practical benefits for its structural integrity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a range of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that compiles all the relevant information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of vetted painters in Maryville, Illinois and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique system also permits you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.