Find a pro in Mason City, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Mason City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Mason City, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Mason City, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.