Find a pro in Mattoon, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Mattoon, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Mattoon, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.