Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Mattoon, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Illinois // Mattoon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How can cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other amazing perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple project to update their look versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get excellent outcomes when you allow a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and delivers a certain result in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best benefits with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When can cabinet refinishing be the most suitable choice for my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People of Mattoon, Illinois have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
One Site With All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher Near Mattoon, Illinois Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the look of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many people in Mattoon, Illinois have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Mattoon, Illinois with confidence.