Find a pro in Mc Leansboro, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Mc Leansboro, IL
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Mc Leansboro, IL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.